Yesterday many users reported on Apple’s official discussion forums that mail from their iCloud account has been disappearing from all of their devices and they are seeing empty inbox, sent, junk, and trash folders. This problem affected a few users as most were able to use the mail service without any issue. Today Apple has acknowledged the problem users had faced with it’s mail service saying that the issue will be resolved as soon as possible. According to Apple a small number of users were affected, and they were unable to get access to their older email messges stored in their iCloud mail account.
A small number of users may currently be unable to access older email messages. Sending and receiving new messages is unaffected. Access to older messages affected by this issue will be restored ASAP
- Push email for iCloud and MobileMe gets terminated in Germany due to Motorola lawsuit
- New in iOS 6 beta 3: @iCloud.com email addresses
- Cannot Connect to iTunes Store. App Store goes down [Update: Issue resolved]
- New iCloud site goes live with new apps and iOS like notifications
- Apple adds VIP Mailbox feature to iCloud beta site ahead of iOS 6 launch [updated]