iOS hacker MuscleNerd has confirmed via Twitter that recently released iOS 6 beta 4 can be jailbreaked using the dev version of RedSn0w, available for download here. The jailbreak is only intended for developers of tweaks and Cydia apps and general users should stay away from it. MuscleNerd has also said that for now, those who want to jaibreak iOS 6 beta 4 should point RedSn0w to iOS 6 beta 3 in order to jailbreak their device.
JB devs can continue using redsn0w 0.9.13dev3 with todays iOS 6 beta4 (keep pointing redsn0w at iOS 6 beta3 IPSW) is.gd/MCbq7A
— MuscleNerd (@MuscleNerd) August 6, 2012
Before you proceed please note that this will be a tethered jailbreak, that means you will have to connect your device with RedSn0w on every reboot. Also even after jailbreak has taken place, Cydia will not be installed on your iOS device. Lastly, most packages won’t work on iOS 6 beta as they might not have been updated for the latest OS yet. So if you are not a developer, simply stay away from this jailbreak, and even iOS 6 until it is released for public in the fall.
- RedSn0w can tethered jailbreak iOS 5.1 on non A5 devices
- Jailbreakers! Stay away from iOS 6 update until further notice
- iPhone Dev-Team releases RedSn0w to jailbreak iPhone 4S and iPad 2 running iOS 5.0.1
- RedSn0w 0.9.9b3 now available to tethered jailbreak iOS 5 GM
- An update on iPhone 4S jailbreak from iPhone Dev-Team