Almost all of the details related to the next generation iPhone have already been allegedly leaked. Now iMore has jumped into the rumor mill bandwagon and reports that the next generation iPhone will become available for pre-order on September 12, which is the same day Apple is expected to hold the announcement event. iMore goes further by saying that the iPhone unlike the US launch, will go on sale internationally on September 21st. As iMore notes, last year Apple announced the iPhone 4S on October 4th and made it available for pre-order on October 7th, but this time this is not going to be the case and customers will be able to buy the iPhone on the same day as it is announced.
We’ve since learned that iPhone 5 pre-orders are currently planned to begin that same day, at least in the U.S. Release is still planned for 9 days later, on September 21, 2012. We’ve also learned that the second wave of iPhone launches, the ones in international markets, will begin in the first week of October, likely October 5.
The new iPhone that is also dubbed as iPhone 5 is expected to feature thinner design, faster processors, larger screen, better cameras, new kind of screen with in-cell technology, new nano SIM card slot, and much more.
- Verizon vacation blackout hints at September 21 launch for iPhone 5
- Apple to release iPhone 5S in August while iPad 5 will be released in April – reports
- Sharp will start shipping screens for the next iPhone to Apple this month
- iPhone 5 sales top five million in first week of launch. iOS 6 now powers 100 million devices
- Apple: iPhone 5 pre-ordered two million times in first 24 hours