The rumor mill had been silence about the news related to iPad mini tablet, but now it seems like it is back in business as 9to5Mac reports that they have received a number of tips over the last few weeks from reliable sources about the rumored iPad mini. For starters they report that the device does exists and looks like a big iPod touch with smaller side bezels. The device they report features seperate volume buttons and not the joined ones for ‘+’ and ‘-’ found on current iPod touch. It also has a mic on it’s back for voice recording and video calling etc. 9to5Mac says that they were not ‘confident enough’ to post about the information they had received but after consulting John Gruber of DaringFireball who also has been hearing same bits of info they decided to publish it.
We also received similar information about the iPad mini last month, our source provided us with schematics that showed us how the rumored device will look like and this report by 9to5Mac seems to fall in line with what our Chinese source told us last month.
iPad mini is expected to feature a 7.85-inch screen, iPod touch like shape, cameras, new dock connector like the iPhone 5, and much more.
- 3D render based on our iPad mini schematics shows how the device might actually look like
- iPad Mini drawings reveal design details: 7-inch screen, thin design, and 19 pin connector confirmed
- Puported iPad mini case appears to confirm rumored design
- Steve Jobs responded receptively when asked about a 7-inch tablet back in January 2011
- iPad mini Could Outshine the Current iPad With Its Design. Apple Readies 10 Million iPad mini Units for the 4th Quarter