The official iOS app for the popular social networking site Pinterest has received an update in the App Store that makes it fully compatible with the iPad. The app now allows iPhone as well as iPad users to experience Pinterest on the go and do most of the things they can do on the site using their computer. On iPad the app’s interface looks identical to that of site’s design on the desktop. The app can be used to view posts by others and pin them. The app also includes a navigation menu that appears when a user performs a swipe gesture on the screen. This menu allows access to different categories. The app can also be used for commenting and sharing on posts by others. I haven’t used the app myself but others are reporting that you cannot upload photos from iPad using it, which is bad considering the purpose of the site is actually to share stuff with others.
You can download Pinterest for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch from the App Store for free. It is now a universal app.
- Popular iPad app Flipboard now available for iPhone and iPod touch
- Google+ app for iPad now available in the App Store
- Official WordPress app for iOS gets updated to add new design and features
- How to get Facebook Timeline feature on iPhone or iPad right now
- Spotify for iPad now available in the App Store