French website NoWhereElse which has been posting photos of purported iPhone 5 parts is back with a photo of purported internal component that it claims to be of the upcoming and rumored iPad mini tablet. The site notes that it does not has enough information to judge the legitimacy of the leaked part, but it showed the picture to Kyle Wiens of iFixit who says that although the part looks consistent with being an Apple component, he cannot confirm it’s authenticity. The part in question here is an internal component that houses iPad mini’s headphone jack, home button connection, and the new mini dock connector that everyone has been expecting to be the part of the new iPhone as well as all next generation iOS devices in the future.
As you can see in the image above, the iPad mini dock connector showed here is similar to the one for iPhone 5 leaked earlier.
As the site that posted the picture isn’t confident enough itself about this leaked part due to lack of available information, we should take this first alleged part leak as a grain of salt. But the rumors related to iPad mini have become stronger in the last few days, and chances are that we might actually get a new kind of iOS device later this year.
- Gizmodo posts alleged photo of iPad mini display. Is this thing real? (Update: fake)
- A few more details about the rumored iPad mini revealed
- First alleged photos of new dock connector for iOS devices hit the web
- Puported iPad mini case appears to confirm rumored design
- Apple to Announce iPad mini on October 17th?