After getting acquired by Facebook, Instagram’s iOS app has received it’s first major update which is now available in the App Store for download. Instagram 3.0 brings several improvements to the app to make the browsing experience even better for the users. The app now allows users to view their photos on a map and geo tag their pictures so that their friends could know where they took it and when. Version 3.0 also brings redesigned profile and upload screens along with some design improvements through out the application, for example the usernames now appear in the top header of the app.
Another new feature of the app allows users to scroll down on photo feeds infinitely, that means users won’t have to tap on the ‘Load More’ button to load more photos while browsing their feed. After updating to version 3.0 users can flag inappropriate comments and photos i.e something they couldn’t do before.
Other then all the features mentioned above, Instagram 3.0 brings many bug fixes and performance improvement that I am sure will be welcomed by Instagram users.
You can download Official Instagram app for your iOS device for free from the link below.
- Twitter adds Instagram like filters to its official iOS client
- Facebook for iOS updated to version 5.1, adds new features and improvements
- Facebook Camera app for iPhone goes live in the App Store
- Storify’s official iPad app hits the App Store
- Facebook app for iPhone and iPad updated to bring Chat Heads, Stickers and new interface