As expected Apple has finally revamped the search results page layout for the App Store on iOS devices. The new layout that seems to be inspired by Chomp (the app search engine that Apple purchased earlier this year) presents search results in the form of cards. On the iPad the cards appear in a grid, while on iPhone or iPod touch users can see a single card at a time and swipe to get to the other results. In the search results the card for each app represents the star rating it has recevied from other users, a screenshot, and a purchase button with price tag or free written on it. The new layout makes it easier for user to decide if the app is worth it or not by providing more information about it.
Other than the new search layout, Apple has made several other changes to the new iOS 6 from the back end. The new features are added in iOS 6 beta that is exclusively available to those who have enrolled themselves in Apple’s developer program. Here are the changes that have been made to the iOS 6′s today.
- New search layout for iPhone and iPad.
- Genius feature now works in iOS 6′s App Store, allowing users to find apps that match their interests.
- Also, the iTunes Store in iOS 6 has been updated with the ability to search for podcasts.
[Img Credit: JailbreakNation]
- Google Search app update for iPhone brings new design and major improvements
- Google to add Siri like voice search to it’s Search app for iOS. Coming in couple of days
- Apple acquires Chomp in order to revamp its App Store
- Cannot Connect to iTunes Store. App Store goes down [Update: Issue resolved]
- App Store achieves 25 billion app downloads milestone