Google has released a major update for it’s Google Drive app in the App Store that brings the ability for users to edit documents stored on their Google Drive account. Previously the app only allowed users to view their documents store in Google’s cloud service. Not only can users edit documents but can also do formatting and work on them collaboratively. After the update users will also be able to create new documents and delete them on their Google Drive account right from their iOS device. Now the app also allows users to upload photos and videos to Google Drive directly from their device’s camera roll.
Google has also added the ability to add folders and move existing and new files to Google Drive folders from the iOS application. Other features that this update brings to the app include speaker notes, full-screen mode and the ability to swipe between slides.
Change log for this update:
– Edit Google documents with formatting and collaboration
– Edits to your Google documents appear to collaborators in seconds
– Richer Google presentations with animations and speaker notes
– Create a new folder or Google document
– Upload photos and videos from your device or a photo directly from your camera
– Move an item to a folder in your Drive
– Delete and remove files from your Drive
– Drive is now available in over 30 languages
Google Drive is a universal app and is available for free in the App Store.
Download Google Drive app
- Official Google Drive app for iOS now available in the App Store
- Google Places app now called Google+ Local. Adds new features and UI
- Google+ app for iPad now available in the App Store
- Google Search app update for iPhone brings new design and major improvements
- Google Maps app for iOS now available in the App Store