Twitter’s official app for iOS has received a significant update in the App Store today. The Twitter app version 5.0 most notably brings a new UI design for the app on the iPad. Twitter notes in its official blog that they have built the app from ground up to make it faster and more beautiful on the iPad in this update. On the iPad users can easily expand the tweets with images, videos, and webpages by simply tapping on them to get a preview right on their timeline. Other than that Twitter 5.0 also brings new profiles with header photos. The update also adds photo streams on profiles and events. For both iPhone and iPad this update brings improvements and bug fixes.
The new profile header looks like Facebook’s cover photo on the iPhone, but is different as it shows the profile pic instead of a cover. To read a user’s Twitter profile text, simply swipe towards right.
Although this is a significant update, the iTunes change log does not indicate that this update brings support for iOS 6.0 that is going to be released tomorrow or the new iPhone 5 that will ship to public on September 21.
You can grab the new Twitter app for iPhone and iPad from the link below.
- Twitter for iOS gets updated with iOS 5 integration and new iPad Direct Message design
- Twitter for iPhone updated to bring new features and improvements
- Twitter 4.3 update now available for download. Brings major changes to iPhone app
- Twitter adds Instagram like filters to its official iOS client
- Upcoming update for Twitter app leaks thanks to a glitch in iOS 6 App Store
If you enjoyed this post then share it and tell us what you think by leaving a comment below.Tweet