On iOS 5 or older versions of Apple’s advanced mobile operating system, there was no way of adding image or video from Camera roll to an email message directly from the Mail.app. This caused a lot of problems for users as they had to go to Photos.app on their iOS device and manually open the image and from the menu select the option to send an image to their friend via email. It was a long procedure and not very convenient as users couldn’t add a picture in the email they have already composed. But that is going to change in iOS 6, as Apple has now added a new feature for Mail.app that enables users to simply add an image or video to their new email from their camera roll directly from the Mail.app without leaving. Read on to know how to add an image or a video in your email directly from the compose page in the stock mail app.
1. First of all launch the mail app and go to compose new mail page. Fill in the details including the subject and email address and also write your message in the compose area.
2. Now tap and hold or double tap on the part of your iOS device’s screen where you want to add the image i.e already present in your camera roll. After you have tapped for a second a action menu will appear with Select, Select all, and Paste options. It will also have an arrow button on right side of it, just tap on it. A new option with ‘Insert Photo or Video’ will appear on the action menu, tap on it.
3. Now from your photos select the image or video you want to add in your new email, once you have done this simply tap on the choose button and your image or video should now appear in the new email’s compose area.
4. Done! Just send the email.
- Quickly access drafts in stock iOS Mail app using this simple shortcut [Tip]
- How to set up and sync Gmail, Google Contacts, and Google Calendar in iOS [Tip]
- How to Semi tethered jailbreak iOS 5 on iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad
- Setting up push on Sparrow for iOS [how to]
- iOS 6 beta 3 adds mail’s VIP inbox feature for iPhone 3GS and iPod touch 4th generation users [Update: Shared Photostreams too]
If you enjoyed this post then share it and tell us what you think by leaving a comment below.Tweet