Just like the Keynote and Podcasts app for iOS, Apple has also released an update for it’s Find My iPhone app for iOS devices. Find My iPhone 2.0 features a new icon and some new features. Apple has added a new Lost Mode to Find My iPhone application that when enabled through iCloud’s site can lock the device with a 4-digit passcode and display a contact phone number right on the lock screen for the person who has found your iOS device so that he or she could contact you. While the Lost Mode is on, you will be able to keep track of your device’s location from iCloud or Find My iPhone app on another iOS device. Lost Mode feature will be available to devices running iOS 6.0 or above.
The update also brings battery charge indicator to the app so that you can know how much charge is left on your devices while you are tracking it on the map. Another feature that this update adds is called ‘Forever Login’ for iOS 6. Forever login (On iOS 6, if the account used to log in is the same as the iCloud account configured on the device and the device has passcode enabled on it.)
Download Find My iPhone
- Find My Facebook Friends app for iOS is ‘Find My Friends’ for Facebook
- Find My Friends app for iOS hits the App Store
- Facebook’s new Find Friends Nearby feature now available in official iOS app [Update: Pulled]
- iCloud beta site with new Notes, Calendar, Reminders, and Find my iPhone web apps goes live
- Facebook for iOS updated to version 5.1, adds new features and improvements