We all knew that the new iPhone 5 will be on top of the list of hackers when it comes to jailbreaking, but no one had anticipated that the newly released iPhone 5 will be jailbroken in less than 24 hours after it is shipped. iOS hacker @Chpwn has posted a few photos of his brand new iPhone 5 running Cydia. Judging from the pictures it looks like Cydia works just like the optimized iPhone 5 apps and takes full advantage of it’s larger screen. As you can see in the image above this particular iPhone 5 model is iPhone5,1 and is running iOS 6.0.
@Chpwn has not revealed whether the jailbreak method he has used on his iPhone 5 is tethered or untethered and whether he has used same old vulnerability of iOS used in previous jailbreaks or it’s a new method altogether as iPhone 5 features a new A6 chip that is not found in any previous iOS device. No details about the availability to general public have been released yet.
You can find a full 1136×640 pixels screenshot of Cydia running on an iPhone 5 after the break.
- iPhone 5 Jailbreak Gets Fully Tethered, Still Far From Release
- An update on iPhone 4S jailbreak from iPhone Dev-Team
- Zephyr updated to kill the Home Button of your iOS device [Jailbreak Tweak]
- After the evasi0n effect, Cydia finally starts working again
- Jailbreakers! Stay away from iOS 6 update until further notice