In today’s version of Appdates many popular apps for iPhone and iPad have received updates which are now available for download. All the apps that have received notable updates today are free, so even if you haven’t downloaded them before you can still do it without having to buy them. Facebook Messenger for iOS and official Gmail app for iOS have both received updates that make them fully compatible with iPhone 5 and its larger screen. While iPhone 5 support is the only new feature Gmail app received in this update, Facebook Messenger got several other improvements and small new features that will make the overall app experience better than before. Digg has also updated its official app for iOS and has added native support for iPad among other features. Read more to see the full change logs and download links for these applications.
Facebook Messenger for iOS now allows users to swipe left from anywhere in the app to quickly see who’s available for chat and also send a private message. After updating the app to version 2.0 users will be able to add their friends to the top of their favorites list for fast access. Facebook has also added a new design for conversation, improved the speed of the app and of course has added support for iOS 6 and recently released iPhone 5.
Change log for Version 2.0
– Swipe left anywhere in the app to quickly see who’s available and send a message
– Add friends you message most to the top of your Favorites
– New design for conversations
– Improved speed and reliability
– Support for iOS 6 and iPhone 5
– Bug fixes
Download Facebook Messenger (free)
iPad owners who use Digg will be pleased to know that the link sharing website has updated its official application to natively support iPad. That means now you won’t have to run a sized up versions of Digg for iPhone on your iPad and the app will now take full advantage of your tablet’s larger display. The update also brings the Reading Sync feature, ability to share articles via text messages, improved performance and simplified navigation.
Change log for Version 3.1
– Introducing Digg for iPad!
– “Reading Sync” — close the Digg app before you could finish a story? The next time you open Digg on your iPhone or iPad, you’ll pick up where you left off
– Share articles via text (thanks for the request, @flashpunk!)
– Improved performance
– Simplified navigation
Download Digg (free)
Gmail for iOS devices has been updated to support iPhone 5 and iPod touch 5th generation’s 4-inch display.
Download Gmail (free)
- Digg app for iPhone gets revamped to match site’s new design
- Facebook Messenger for iPhone gets updated to add typing indicator, location, message indicator, and more
- Facebook Messenger for iOS updated to add timeline, emoji support, and last active feature
- Facebook for iOS updated to version 5.1, adds new features and improvements
- Facebook app version 5.4 brings new features and improvements