Right after we complained about iPad mini rumors getting thin these days, a new rumor has surfaced to keep our iPad mini appetite fulfilled. Fortune reports quoting a major Apple investor that the company might hold a media event on October 17th to announce it’s long rumored iPad mini tablet. Fortune’s source who unsurprisingly wish to remain anonymous told its Editor Philip Elmer-Dewitt that the invitations for the event will be sent to the press on October 10th. The anonymous investor says that he has heard about the event from multiple sources. When contacted for a word on this rumor, Apple representative declined to comment.
We have been hearing rumors regarding iPad mini from years now but it seems like Apple might finally release the smaller, cheaper, and more portable tablet this year. The expected announce date fits perfectly for the device to go on sale just in time for the holiday season.
iPad mini is expected to feature a 7.85-inch display, dual-core processors, the new dock connector, iSight camera, and more.
[Fortune/img: Martin Hajek]
- iPad mini Could Outshine the Current iPad With Its Design. Apple Readies 10 Million iPad mini Units for the 4th Quarter
- iPad mini 3D Renders [images]
- Apple to hold iPad mini event on October 23? [Update: Yep]
- Apple Sends Out Invitations for October 23rd Event. Will Hopefully Unveil iPad mini
- Apple has begun the production of iPad mini – Report. Release imminent?
If you enjoyed this post then share it and tell us what you think by leaving a comment below.Tweet