Apple is rumored to announce a revamped model of iPad 3rd generation at its media event on October 23rd. This new retooled iPad is expected to feature the new lightning port instead of the 30 pin port found on the current model. Now a leaked back shell has appeared on the web courtesy of Apple.pro (via 9to5Mac), that shows the back of the new and tweaked Retina Display iPad. This alleged backshell has a lightning port, indicating that we will have a newer version of the current iPad this month.
While nothing can be said with certainty about this particular leak, Apple.pro has a mixed record when it comes to leaking unreleased Apple products. This is the first physical leak that we have seen for the newer, new iPad. Previously we have only heard rumors from several sources regarding the release of a tweaked version of iPad with lightning port and support for global LTE.
We will definitely know more about this and other products Apple is going to announce on October 23rd. We will be covering all the news here on Think iOS, so don’t forget to visit here and follow us on Twitter.
- Apple to Introduce Improved iPad 3rd Gen. Next Week Featuring Lightning Connector?
- Apple’s iPad mini event will start at these timings
- Apple’s unreleased iBooks 3.0 leaked through an iTunes listing
- Apple to release Lightning to HDMI and VGA cables in the coming months
- Newly granted patent confirms smaller port for future iOS devices
If you enjoyed this post then share it and tell us what you think by leaving a comment below.Tweet