Apple has announced the financial results for the fourth quarter of this year. In the results for Q4 2012 Apple revealed that it sold over 26.9 million iPhones (with 58 percent growth over the year ago quarter), 14 million iPads (with 26 percent growth over year ago quarter), 4.9 million Macs (with 1 percent growth from last year’s quarter), and 5.3 million iPod units (a 19 percent decline from last year’s quarter).
For the quarter that ended on September 29, 2012 Apple posted quarterly revenue of $36 billion. The quarterly net profit for Q4 2012 was $8.2 billion or $8.67 per diluted share. Apple’s board of directors have declared a cash dividend of $2.65 per share that will be payable to shareholders on November 15, 2012.
On the occasion of announcing the Q4 2012 earnings Apple CEO and CFO made the following comments.
“We’re very proud to end a fantastic fiscal year with record September quarter results,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO. “We’re entering this holiday season with the best iPhone, iPad, Mac and iPod products ever, and we remain very confident in our new product pipeline.”
“We’re pleased to have generated over $41 billion in net income and over $50 billion in operating cash flow in fiscal 2012,” said Peter Oppenheimer, Apple’s CFO. “Looking ahead to the first fiscal quarter of 2013, we expect revenue of about $52 billion and diluted earnings per share of about $11.75.”
- Apple posts strong Q4 earnings
- Apple announces great Q2 2012 results. Sold 35.1 million iPhones, Earned $39.2 billion in revenue
- Apple announces Q1 2013 results: Sold 47.8 million iPhones, 22.9 million iPads, 12.7 million iPods with $54.5 billion revenue
- Apple posts great holiday quarter earnings with 67.84M iOS devices and 5.2M Macs sold
- Apple announces Q3 2012 results: Sold 26 million iPhones, 17 million iPads, and 4 million Macs
If you enjoyed this post then share it and tell us what you think by leaving a comment below.Tweet