Apple has released iOS 6.0.1 to registered developers and it is now available for download. The update that is available for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch brings several bug fixes and improvements to Apple’s mobile operating system. The software update is available on iTunes as well as over-the-air. Interestingly the installation of this new update is a bit different on iPhone 5 than other devices due to a bug in the device that prevents it from downloading and installing iOS’s over-the-air updates. iPhone 5 first downloads a patch through the software update page after which users can download the update on their device.
Here is the full change log for the update.
- Fixes a bug that prevents iPhone 5 from installing software updates wirelessly over the air
- Fixes a bug where horizontal lines may be displayed across the keyboard
- Fixes an issue that could cause camera flash to not go off
- Improves reliability of iPhone 5 and iPod touch (5th generation) when connected to encrypted WPA2 Wi-Fi networks
- Resolves an issue that prevents iPhone from using the cellular network in some instances
- Consolidated the Use Cellular Data switch for iTunes Match
- Fixes a Passcode Lock bug which sometimes allowed access to Passbook pass details from lock screen
- Fixes a bug affecting Exchange meetings
Along with the incremental iOS 6.0.1 update Apple has also seeded iOS 6.1 beta to registered developers which can be downloaded from the dev center right now. Xcode 4.6 is also available for download through the dev center. Apple has included a Map Kit framework for developers in iOS 6.1 beta that will allow them to program their apps to search for map-based addresses and points of interests. Read the quote below for more info.
The Map Kit framework now lets you programmatically search for map-based addresses and points of interest. The MKLocalSearch class initiates a search for map-based content using a natural language string. In other words, you can enter placename information or portions of an address and have Map Kit return search results that match the information you provide. For example, searching for the string “coffee” would return the location of local coffee bars along with information about each one.
- Apple releases iOS 6 beta 3 to developers. Now available for download
- iOS 6 update for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch now available for everyone. Download Now!
- Apple releases iOS 6.1.3 to fix lock screen bug, evasi0n vulnerability and Maps improvements for Japan
- Apple seeds iOS 6 beta 4 to developers. Download Now!
- iOS 6 beta 4 full change log and release notes
If you enjoyed this post then share it and tell us what you think by leaving a comment below.Tweet