If you prefer Sn0wbreeze tool for jailbreaking your iOS device then you will be pleased to know that Sn0wbreeze for Windows has been updated to jailbreak iOS 6.0 on pre-A5 iOS devices including iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, and iPod touch 4th generation. Just like RedSn0w the jailbreak is tethered at this point of time and requires users to connect their device to the computer on every reboot. The jailbreak is untethered for iPhone 3GS with older bootrom. To begin with the jailbreaking procedure follow the steps and unleash the full potential of your Apple gadget.
Want to use RedSn0w? Use this guide: How to jailbreak iOS 6.0 on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch 4th generation using RedSn0w [Guide]
You will need the iOS 6.0 IPSW file in order to jailbreak iOS 6.0 on your device using Sn0wbreeze tool. Download iOS 6.0 IPSW for your iPhone or iPod touch from here.
1 ) Download Sn0wbreeze version 2.9.7 from here for your Windows machine. After downloading extract the Sn0wbreeze zip file and run Sn0wbreeze.exe in Administrator mode of Windows.
2 ) When Sn0wbreeze has launched click on ‘Okay’ button and then on the ‘Next’ button. Now browse for the iOS 6.0 IPSW file you downloaded before. After you have selected the appropriate IPSW file for your iOS device you will get a message telling you that the file has been verified. Click the next button to proceed.
3 ) Now click on ‘Simple Mode’ and select Yes to ‘Hacktivation’. Now Sn0wbreeze will create a custom IPSW for your device and it will be saved on your desktop.
4 ) After Sn0wbreeze is done it will show a dialog box, click OK button and then put your device in DFU mode. After putting it in DFU mode put it in PwnedDFU mode using iRed.
*During this process your iOS device’s screen will stay black, its normal.
5 ) Once your device has been verified in PwnedDFU open iTunes which will detect your iOS device in recovery mode. Now click on the name of your iPhone or iPod touch from iTunes’ side panel and from its description page click on the Restore button while pressing the shift key on your keyboard. From the window that opens select the custom IPSW file Sn0wbreeze created for your iOS device and click OK button.
6 ) Now iTunes will restore the custom IPSW on your iOS device, this should take a few minutes or less. Once iTunes is done you will see Cydia installed on your device after it turns on. Cydia won’t launch just yet because you need to tethered boot your device. Follow the steps below to do so.
- Put your device in DFU mode.
- Now open the iBooty folder and run the iBooty app.
- From the drop down menu select your iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, or iPod touch 4th gen. and click the start button.
Your device should now boot, after which you will be able to use Cydia. Enjoy!
- Jailbreak iOS 6.0.1 running on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, and iPod touch 4th generation with Sn0wbreeze [Guide]
- Sn0wBreeze jailbreak tool updated to bring iOS 5.1 support
- How to jailbreak iOS 6.0.1 on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, or iPod touch 4th generation using RedSn0w
- How to jailbreak iOS 6.0 on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch 4th generation using RedSn0w [Guide]
- How to jailbreak iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS running iOS 5.1 on Windows and Mac [Guide]