iPhone Dev-Team has released the updated version of their popular jailbreak tool RedSn0w that can tethered jailbreak iOS 5 Gold Master that was released yesterday after the event. RedSn0w version 0.9.9b3 auto-detects iOS 5 GM firmware and jailbreaks it for you.
iPhone Dev Team notes:
If you already jailbroke the GM by pointing an older redsn0w at the beta7 IPSW, there’s no need to re-run the full jailbreak step again…just use this newer one to make the tethered boot easier
Below are the updates posted on Dev-Team’s official blog about this update
Update #11: redsn0w has been updated to 0.9.9b3 to auto-detect iOS5 GM firmware. Remember: it’s still tethered for all devices except for iPhone 3GS with old bootrom. If you don’t use redsn0w to “Just boot” at power up, all jailbreak apps (and even some native ones like MobileSafari) will fail to launch.
Update #11a: We’ve replaced the Windows version of 0.9.9b3 with 0.9.9b3a. The new version fixes a caching bug that affected only Windows users — point it one more time at your iOS5GM IPSW, and from then on you won’t have to point at it again.
You can download RedSn0w 0.9.9b3 from the links below for Mac and Windows.
- iPhone Dev-Team releases RedSn0w to jailbreak iPhone 4S and iPad 2 running iOS 5.0.1
- iPhone Dev-Team releases RedSn0w with ability to backup unlock activation records
- RedSn0w can tethered jailbreak iOS 5.1 on non A5 devices
- How to jailbreak iOS 5 on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad using RedSn0w
- iPhone Dev-Team Releases a Major Update for RedSn0w to Add New Features and Improvements
If you enjoyed this post then share it and tell us what you think by leaving a comment below.Tweet