The wait is finally over folks as Apple has finally started to sell the unlocked version of iPhone 5 through its online store in the US. The unlocked iPhone 5 starts from $649 and goes up to $849 depending on the storage capacity. The new iPhone 5 was previously available in unlocked condition in other countries but this is the first time it has become available in the US.
Although the unlocked iPhone 5 is only available at Apple’s online store, the company will start selling it in its retail store across the country very soon. The unlocked iPhone 5 is GSM only and works on GSM networks including the AT&T and T-Mobile in the US.
The unlocked iPhone 5 is ideal for those who like to switch networks and want to live without network contracts. The unlocked iPhone 5 is also good for those who often travel to other parts of the world. Currently Apple has limited sale of unlocked iPhone 5 to two units per person. You can purchase your new unlocked iPhone 5 and use it on the carrier of your choice here. The 16GB model is available for $649, 32GB for $749, and 64GB for $849.
- T-Mobile brings LTE and Visual Voicemail to unlocked iPhone 5 on its network
- Apple begins taking pre-orders for iPhone 5. Will ship on September 21
- Unlocking an iPhone will be illegal from this day forward
- iPhone 4S and iPhone 4 can be unlocked with an iOS 5 Bug. Here’s how to do it
- Apple granted patent for ‘Slide to Unlock’ gesture