Apple yesterday released iOS 5 GM to developers. Unlike the previous beta versions of iOS 5 this GM build does not require you to register your device’s UDID in the Dev Center in order to install itself. So if you have got a device that supports iOS 5 then you can install iOS 5 GM and try out the latest version of iOS before the official release that is scheduled for October 12. Continue reading for complete guide and download links.
Things you will need:
iOS 5 GM for your device:
Download iOS 5 GM for iPhone 4 (GSM)
Download iOS 5 GM for iPhone 4 (CDMA)
Download iOS 5 GM for iPhone 3GS
Download iOS 5 GM for iPad 2 (Wi-Fi)
Download iOS 5 GM for iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (GSM)
Download iOS 5 GM for iPad Wi-Fi + 3G (CDMA)
Download iOS 5 GM for iPad 1
Download iOS 5 GM for iPod touch 4G
Download iOS 5 GM for iPod touch 3G
iTunes 10.5 beta 7 for Windows [torrent]
iTunes 10.5 beta 9 for OS X [download]
Once you have downloaded iOS 5 GM for your device and iTunes 10.5 beta 9 from the links above, you can simply follow the steps below to enjoy iOS 5 before the public release by Apple.
1. Install and run iTunes 10.5 beta 7 from the link above.
2. Make sure you have downloaded correct version of iOS 5 GM for your device.
3. Now connect your iOS device to iTunes.
4. Back up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
5. Now ‘Press option button + click on Restore button on Macs’ or ‘Shift + click restore button on Windows’.
6. Now select the IPSW file you just downloaded.
7. Let iTunes install iOS 5 on your device
Note: We are not responsible if this guide does not work for you or you get your device bricked during the process, process at your own risk.
- iOS 5 now available for download [direct download links]
- Apple seeds iOS 6.1 beta 5 to developers, delays public release
- Download iOS 6 for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch [Direct Download Links]
- Apple releases iOS 6.1 for public. Direct download links
- Download new official wallpapers from iOS 5.1 beta for iPad and iPhone