Apart from iCloud you can backup and restore your iPhone or any other iOS device using iTunes 11. Your Apple mobile device might have some very precious data that you do not want to lose at any cost. For me that data includes apps, photos, media files, etc which I cannot even think of losing. Luckily on iOS devices including the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch we can back up and restore our data quite easily. We have already told you how you can do it with iCloud and in this post we are going to show you how you can back up and then restore your iOS device’s data using iTunes. Read on for detailed steps.
Here is a short guide to show you how to backup and restore iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch and save data using iTunes.
On the iTunes you can either back up your data on the computer or on the iCloud. The property of sync with iTunes cannot function if the iCloud backup is working. Now in iTunes, right Click the iOS device and from the ‘Summary’ page look for Backups.
To back up your data using iTunes, follow these steps;
- Get the updated version of iTunes in your computer and then connect your iOS device with it.
- Open the device Summary of iOS by clicking on the button with device’s name located at top right side of your screen.
- On the summary page under the Backups section you will be able to see “Automatically back up” or “Manually back up and restore”. Choose the option that suits you the best.
Restoration through iTunes
Now as you have created backup of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, now to restore data from the backup, follow the following steps after getting your device connected to computer.
- Go to iOS device summary page by clicking on the device button located at the top right side of your screen in iTunes 11. You can enter the summary via two ways;
- Under the Backups option look for the button that says “Restore Backup”. If a back is available the button will be clickable otherwise not.
- From the dialogue box select your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and proceed.
Using the method above you can backup and restore your iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS,iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2, original iPad, iPod touch 5th generation or earlier through iTunes 11.
- Back up and restore your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad data with iCloud [how to]
- How to prepare your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch for iOS 6.1 untethered jailbreak (evasi0n)
- Updating your iOS device on a new computer without wiping your previous data [How to]
- How to find UDID in iTunes 11 for iPhone, iPad or iPod touch [Guide]
- How to use iOS 5 GM without a registered developer account