Apple has announced the highly anticipated financial results for Q1 2013. Apple reported that in 13 week fiscal quarter which ended on December 29, 2012 the company had a record $54.5 billion quarterly revenue with net profit of $13.1 billion or $13.81 per diluted share. The company’s gross margin was 38.6 percent in the last quarter, which is lower than 44.7 percent of the year ago quarter. Apple announced that international sales revenue accounted 61 percent of the total revenue of Q1 2013.
More interestingly Apple reported that it sold 47.8 million iPhones (up from 37 million of last year), 22.9 million iPads (up from 22.9 million of last year), 12.7 million iPods (down from 15.4 million of last year), and 4.1 million Macs (down from 5.2 million of last year) in the previous quarter.
The company announced a cash dividend of $2.65 per share $2.65 in company’s common stock which will be paid on February 14.
Apple is providing the following guidance for its fiscal 2013 second quarter:
- revenue between $41 billion and $43 billion
- gross margin between 37.5 percent and 38.5 percent
- operating expenses between $3.8 billion and $3.9 billion
- other income/(expense) of $350 million
- tax rate of 26%
- Apple posts strong Q4 earnings
- Apple announces great Q2 2012 results. Sold 35.1 million iPhones, Earned $39.2 billion in revenue
- Apple announces results for Q4 2012: Sold 29.9 million iPhones, 14 million iPads, earned $36 billion in revenue
- Apple announces Q3 2012 results: Sold 26 million iPhones, 17 million iPads, and 4 million Macs
- Interesting points from Apple’s earnings call for Q3 2012
If you enjoyed this post then share it and tell us what you think by leaving a comment below.Tweet