Apple has launched a new short link URL address for the App Store applications with AppStore.com domain name. Apple announced the new address to developers a few days ago and now it looks like it is live for users around the world. The AppStore.com short link was revealed to the public for the first time during the Super Bowl ad of ‘Star Trek Into Darkness’ movie’s ad in which the official app was also mentioned with the new URL type.
The new AppStore.com/(app name) address will help users in opening app pages quickly. Previously there was no way of opening an App’s iTunes page from the browser and users had to perform a Google search even for the links of most common apps such as Facebook. Right now if you type http://AppStore.com/StarTrekApp in your address bar, you will be redirected to iTunes where the app’s download page with description will appear.
While iOS users can simply type the AppStore.com URL followed by a ‘/’ and app’s name, Mac users need to type AppStore.com/Mac/(app name) in order to access their desired application, which opens the Mac App Store app.
While the older itunes.com links will continue to work Apple has directed App developers to make changes for the new URL.
- Gmail app for iOS hits the App Store. Again
- App Store gets 500,000 apps and a billion downloads per month
- Apple: App Store has 400 million accounts and 650,000 apps which have been downloaded 30 billion times
- App Store achieves 25 billion app downloads milestone
- Russian hacker finds a way to bypass Apple’s payment method to download in-app purchases for free [updated]
If you enjoyed this post then share it and tell us what you think by leaving a comment below.Tweet