Thanks to the evasi0n tool by evad3rs the ability to untethered jailbreak iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, and iPhone 3GS has been has been given to users and devices running iOS 6.1 can now rock Cydia on the latest version of iOS. Here in this post we will show you how you can successfully untethered jailbreak your iPhone. Follow the steps below.
First of all in order to jailbreak your iPhone using Evasi0n 1.3 you need to download the following softwares
Update: iOS 6.1.1 can also be jailbreaked using this guide. Download iOS 6.1.1 for iPhone 4S here and follow the guide below.
iOS 6.1 version for your iPhone
1 ) Now upgrade your iPhone to iOS 6.1 using iTunes. Follow the steps given here.
2 ) After your device is running iOS 6.1 extract evasi0n after downloading it from the link above and launch it.
3 ) Now connect your iPhone to evasi0n tool using the USB cable. Now click on the ‘Jailbreak’ button.
4 ) After a about a minute or so your device will reboot. After that a Jailbreak icon with evasi0n logo will appear on your home screen. Evasi0n will ask you to launch it.
5 ) After you tap on the icon the jailbreak process will begin again. Wait until your device reboots.
6 ) Launch Cydia and allow it to download required files.
- How to jailbreak iPad mini and iPad 4/3/2 running iOS 6.1 using evasi0n (untethered)
- How to jailbreak iPod touch 5th and 4th generation using evasi0n (untethered)
- Evasi0n 1.3 to jailbreak iOS 6.1.1 for iPhone 4S released. Download Now!
- Evad3rs release Evasi0n 1.1 with support for bug fixes
- Apple releases iOS 6.1 for public. Direct download links