After a long wait the evasi0n tool to jailbreak iPad mini and iPad 4/3/2 generation has been released. evad3rs the group of hackers behind the evasi0n jailbreak for iOS 6.x have finally made it available for iOS devices including iPad 2, iPad 3rd hen, 4th gen and the iPad Mini running iOS 6.0.1 through iOS 6.1. This will be the first jailbreak for iPad 4th gen. and iPad Mini users. Here is a guide to jailbreak your iPads and to fully enjoy the customization iOS.
First of all in order to jailbreak your iPhone using Evasi0n you need to download the following softwares.
Things you need for jailbreak
- iPad Mini (Wi-Fi)
- iPad Mini (GSM)
- iPad Mini (CDMA)
- iPad 2 (Wi-Fi) (Newer Model)
- iPad 2 (Wi-Fi) (Older Model)
- iPad 2 (GSM)
- iPad 2 (CDMA)
- iPad 3 (Wi-Fi)
- iPad 3 (GSM)
- iPad 3 (CDMA)
- iPad 4 (Wi-Fi)
- iPad 4 (GSM)
- iPad 4 (CDMA)
1 ) To jailbreak iPad mini or iPad 4/3/2 generation upgrade your device to iOS 6.1 using iTunes. Follow the steps given here.
2 ) After your iPad is running iOS 6.1 extract evasi0n after downloading it from the link above and launch it.
3 ) Now connect your iPad or iPad mini to evasi0n tool using the USB cable. Now click on the ‘Jailbreak’ button.
4 ) After a about a minute or so your device will reboot. After that a Jailbreak icon with evasi0n logo will appear on your home screen. Evasi0n will ask you to launch it.
5 ) After you tap on the icon the jailbreak process will begin again. Wait until your device reboots.
6 ) Launch Cydia and allow it to download required files.
- How to jailbreak iPhone 5/4S/4/3GS running iOS 6.1 using evasi0n (untethered)
- Apple releases iOS 6.1 for public. Direct download links
- How to jailbreak iPod touch 5th and 4th generation using evasi0n (untethered)
- Direct download links for iOS 6.0.1 – iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Apple releases iOS 6.1.3 to fix lock screen bug, evasi0n vulnerability and Maps improvements for Japan