The rumors about a budget iPhone will never stop. Now Brian White, the Topeka Capital analyst has issued a report citing some important information about the much speculated low-cost and affordable iPhone. This report was first published by Forbes. White is of the view that Apple will most probably launch its budget iPhone in June of this year. Frankly there’s nothing extraordinary about this report however Brian White has mentioned the price range and the expected of the device in his report that caught our attention.
White said that the new device will be named ‘iPhone Air’ or ‘iPhone Mini’, and it will be launched with an unsubsidized price range of $250-$300 – which is cheap indeed.
He further said
“A $250-$300 price range would also be competitive with China-based Xiaomi that offers a high-end phone experience at a mid-range price of ~$320 in China. We believe a $250-to-$300 price point will allow Apple to significantly expand its reach in the smartphone market and better address developing markets such as China, while opening up more opportunities in Brazil, Russia, India and elsewhere”
With Apple rumored to announce three separate iPhones including the iPhone 5S, iPhone 6 with 4.8-inch display and a budget iPhone, the year 2013 is certainly going to be interesting.
- Apple rumored to introduce an ‘iPhone Math’ with 4.8-inch display in June
- Apple’s iPhone 5S and iPhone 6 spotted?
- Rumor: Interesting details about the low cost iPhone surface
- Report: Apple’s cheaper iPhone to be made with plastic to keep the prices low, will be released in mid-2013
- Apple’s cheaper iPhone 4 spotted in Brazilian Foxconn factory