Electronic Arts has recently announced that the highly anticipated Real Racing 3 will be released in the App Store for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch on 28th of February. Real Racing 3 is the third title of the popular Real Racing series that is known for its high quality graphics and real like gameplay.
The Real Racing series has successfully made its place in the auto racing games on mobile devices. In 2009, the original title was released, and soon after that the HD version was launched for iPad. It instantly added millions of users to its fans list who are now anxiously waiting for the release of third version.
Real Racing is actually an EA’s flagship racing flagship for mobile devices. The previous version were of $9.99 at the time of release, however the developer has surprisingly decided to go for a freemium model for the third version. The title will be mainly free-to-play, however in some of the game contents EA will recover the starting fee by giving in-app purchases.
The freemium model is seemingly working well for many publishers who giveaway their game to users so they could try. Once these users become regular players of the game they buy items from in-app purchases option and in many cases pay much more than $6.99 or $9.99 charged in the premium model.
The February 28th is not far away and we will let you know as soon as the game is available to play. Although we know about the pricing and availability of Real Racing 3 – compatibility details are not available yet.
- Real Racing 3 released for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch in some markets. Download Now!
- Real Racing 3 for iOS announced. Will be released later this year
- Real Racing 2 for iOS gets updated with new features and iOS 5 compatibility
- Asphalt 6: Adrenaline gets updated to bring better graphics for iPhone 4S and iPad 2
- Reckless Racing 2 game for iPhone and iPad hits the App Store