No matter what Apple’s competitors are thinking about Apple’s international market share, its antagonism with Android, the instability of stock prices, etc, Apple is always focused on innovation and setting trends in the market in terms of technology. A recently known patent application has been shown up signaling that the company has arrangements to make its most wanted tablet computer even more attractive.
The newly discovered patent application reveals that the iPad Smart cover might be used for more than just protection. Apparently it will be having the same foldable design which makes it best adjusted in the current Smart Cover. The new thing is, as described by the patent is the Smart Cover will be wirelessly charge the device using inductive charging mechanism. The patent has also briefly described the working; it says that it will charge the iPad in display position or in closed position.
This report is not giving authentic and credible information about Smart Cover at moment, but considering the everyday increasing fame of wireless charging, this release must not be a surprise for us and might become an important selling point of iPad 5 that is expected in next few months. We are expecting that Apple will be using same Qi inductive power standard in its wireless charging functionality like many others. [9to5Mac]
- Apple wants to make Smart Cover smarter by adding a flexible secondary display
- Apple rumored to introduce iPhone with wireless charging feature this year
- Apple patent hints at brightness control feature that adjusts brightness according to on-screen content
- In Q4 2012 Apple sold 1 iPad against 5 PC sales says Canalys
- Alleged iPad 5th generation casing with iPad mini like design leaked
If you enjoyed this post then share it and tell us what you think by leaving a comment below.Tweet