Apple has released iOS 6.1.3 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch and it is now available for download. The update brings many improvements and bug fixes to iOS. In iOS 6.1.3 Apple has finally fixed the lock screen bug that allows unauthorized limited access to iPhone even when passcode was applied. The iOS 6.1.3 update also brings Maps app improvement for Japanese users which were earlier released to developers in the beta version of iOS.
Although it is not mentioned in the release notes Apple has reportedly killed the Evasi0n untethered jailbreak of iOS 6 for all supported devices so the current Evasi0n tool cannot be used to jailbreak any iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
The iOS 6.1.3 is available through over-the-air update for all iOS 6 supported devices.
Here are the official release notes for this update:
This update contains improvements and other bug fixes including:
– Fixes a bug that could allow someone to bypass the passcode and access the Phone app
– Improvements to Maps in Japan
If you jailbreak your iOS devices and would like to continue using the jailbreak the stay away from iOS 6.1.3 until further notice. As MuscleNerd points out in the following tweet users won’t be able to downgrade to iOS 6.1.2 jailbreak even with saved SHSH Blobs.
IOS 6.1.3 is out.Jailbreakers stay away!There’s no coming back to 6.1.2 JB even if you saved blobs (except iPhone4 and ipt4g)
— MuscleNerd (@MuscleNerd) March 19, 2013
Download iOS 6.1.3 from direct links below.
- iPhone 5 GSM
- iPhone 5 CDMA
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 4 GSM
- iPhone 4 CDMA
- iPhone 3GS
- iPad mini GSM
- iPad mini CDMA
- iPad mini Wi-Fi
- iPad 4 GSM
- iPad 4 CDMA
- iPad 4 Wi-Fi
- iPad 3 GSM
- iPad 3 CDMA
- iPad 3 Wi-Fi
- iPad 2 GSM
- iPad 2 CDMA
- iPad 2 Wi-Fi
- iPod touch 4th gen
- iPod touch 5th gen
- Apple releases iOS 6.1.2 to fix the MS Exchange bug
- Apple releases iOS 6.1 for public. Direct download links
- Direct download links for iOS 6.0.1 – iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Download iOS 6 for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch [Direct Download Links]
- How to jailbreak iPad mini and iPad 4/3/2 running iOS 6.1 using evasi0n (untethered)