A new hack for iOS called AnyReminder tweak has been released in Cydia for jailbroken iOS devices that extends the functionality of iOS’s Remind Me Later feature. For those of you who are not familiar with ‘Remind Me later’, it is a feature introduced in iOS 6 allows users to set a reminder based on location or time while passing for voice and Facetime calls among other things.
The feature works pretty nicely with calls but what if you want to remind yourself about things in Messages, Mail and Safari? The answer is you cannot do this with Apple but you can if you are jailbroken thanks to AnyReminder tweak.
AnyReminder tweak extends the ‘Remind Me Later’ feature to stock apps like Safari, Messages and Mail. Also reminders can be set for app notifications. In the Settings app, the tweak is configured after being downloaded. In the Settings app, the remainders for apps get enabled one by one, for setting the time based reminders, you need to adjust denomination. With this jailbreak tweak, you have great choice of options.
The use of the tweak is very simple. When you tap the lock screen’s camera grabber like button when a message arrives, it shows you a menu with options like Launch, Remind Me Later and Dismiss options that are meant for existing notifications. This can be activated in every app manually through Share sheet.
Remind Me Later app is available in Cydia in BigBoss repo for $1.99.
- Force videos to play in landscape mode with LandscapeVideos tweak [tip]
- You can now turn on Wi-Fi for chosen apps with Carnitine tweak
- Disable typing indicator in iMessage app with TypingPrivacy tweak for jailbroken devices
- Use flash with Panorama with Flashorama tweak for iPhone and iPod touch
- DirectionBar tweak adds an interactive compass in iPhone’s status bar