Apple has uploaded its official introductory video for iPhone 4S’s killer feature ‘Siri’. Siri is a voice recognition feature exclusive to iPhone 4S that can perform certain tasks for users over voice commands. For example you can say “Do I need a raincoat today?” and Siri responds “It sure looks like rain today.” Siri is a groundbreaking feature for iOS devices and has a lot of potential in it. We hope to see it become even better in the future versions of iOS.
Official description of Siri on Apple’s website reads:
Now you can use your voice to use your iPhone. Just talk to Siri as you would to a person: “Do I need an umbrella?” or “Any great burgers around here?” or “Where’s the closest ATM?” Siri not only understands what you say, it knows what you mean.1 It figures out the right apps to use to find the right answer. Then, just like a personal assistant, it answers you. Siri makes phone calls, sends messages, schedules meetings, sets reminders, and more. How much more? Just ask, and Siri tells you that, too.
Other than Siri, iPhone 4S features Dual Core processor, 8 Megapixel camera, 1080p video recording, and more. iPhone 4S will hit the shelves on October 14.
- Apple details iPhone 4S’s voice recognition feature Siri
- iPhone 4S’s Siri feature demonstrated in a video
- Apple airs first iPhone 4S ad featuring Siri
- Siri gets ported to iPhone 4 (video) – updated
- Apple airs two new iPhone 4S ads to promote Siri featuring Samuel L. Jackson and Zooey Deschanel