Apple has released the first Beta of iOS 16.1, along with the rest of the Betas for the other operating systems of your devices, and the second Beta of iPadOS 16.1, which we remember has not yet been officially released. It includes many changes, and we will tell you all about them.
Just a few days after the official release of iOS 16, Apple has released the first Beta of its next update, iOS 16.1. Also the first Beta of watchOS 9.1, tvOS 16.1 and the second Beta of iPadOS 16.1. Let us remember that the version of iPadOS 16 does not yet have an official release date, and that it will be released directly in iPadOS 16.1, predictably back in October. In the case of the iPhone version includes a good handful of new features, some of them announced at WWDC 2022 and that did not arrive in the first version official:
- option of clean load: In the United States, users will be able to configure their iPhone to recharge with clean energy. The phone will be set to start charging when the power grid is getting its power from low-carbon sources.
- It will be possible delete the Wallet appwhich will remove the ability to pay using Apple Pay.
- battery percentage for more iPhone models: In addition to the models that already have it, we can now add the iPhone XR, 11, 12 mini and 13 mini.
- options lock screen customization and home screen now separate, clearer for the user.
- Live Activities API now available: for widgets that display live information, such as sports scores.
- Matter Integration in the Home app: the new standard coming later this year that will bring HomeKit support to many more accessories.
- Improvements in Stage Managerin the case of iPadOS 16.1
- Nnew options when saving screenshots of screen.
- Bigger headphone icon in the Music app.
- New option in Game Center for your friends to find you.