Apple has just released the second Beta of iOS 16.2, along with the respective betas for macOS, tvOS and watchOS. What are the main changes? Here we tell you.
In the new iOS 16.2 Beta, some small changes have been added to those that we already saw in the first Beta, and the list of news is as follows:
- New Freeform collaborative application, compatible with the Apple Pencil in its version for iPad
- Stage Manager support on external displays (iPad only)
- More frequent updates in Live Activities
- New architecture of the Casa app for better performance
- New Sleep and Medications app widget
- New function that allows you to indicate when the emergency call has been activated in the wrong way on the Apple Watch
- New multi-user voice recognition in Siri for Apple TV
In this second Beta has been added a new widget for medication, a new functionality that Apple introduced within the Health application in iOS 16, and that now has this new element to be able to view it from the lock screen. In this way, the Health application already has two new widgets, the one mentioned for medication and another that we already saw in the first Beta to view the Sleep data.
Also added is the 5G connectivity for India, including carriers like Airtel and Jio. This 5G connection is already available for users who have the Beta, being fully functional. And finally fixes a very annoying bug that caused when accessing the camera from the lock screen, with the dedicated button for it, you could not close the camera and had to lock the device to do so. Now it doesn’t happen anymore and we can use it as it should.
In addition to iOS 16.2 and iPadOS 16.2 Beta 2, Beta 2 versions of watchOS 9.2, macOS 13.1, tvOS 16.2. In these last ones at the moment we do not find important news, if there were any we would tell you promptly.