After a month of Betas, the final version of iOS 16.3 is now available to download on our iPhone, as well as iPadOS 16.3, also watchOS 9.3 for Apple Watch. What is changing in these new updates? There are quite a few novelties, some important, and we detail them here.
What’s new in iOS 16.3
- New unity wallpaper to celebrate Black History month, both on iPhone and iPad and Apple Watch.
- Possibility to activate the Advanced Data Protection in other countries, including Spain
- Security keys for Apple ID increase the security of our account by being able to use a physical security key to add our account on new devices. These security keys replace security codes that are sent to trusted devices when accessing your account from a new device. To use this option you have to enter Settings and within the menu of your account click on the option “Add Security keys”. FIDO security keys such as Yubikey can be used.
- compatibility with new second generation HomePods released just a few days ago
- To make emergency calls we now have to press and hold the power button together with the volume up or down button and then release themthus avoiding involuntary calls.
Improvements and bug fixes
- Fixes an issue that caused the wallpaper on the lock screen to appear completely black
- Fixes an issue that caused horizontal lines to appear on the screen when turning on the screen on the iPhone 14 Pro Max
- Fixes a bug in the Freeform app that caused drawings created with Apple Pencil or your finger to not appear on other shared screens
- Fixes an issue that caused the Home app widget to not appear correctly
- Fixes an issue that caused Siri to not respond correctly when making music requests
- Improves Siri’s response while using CarPlay
- Solutions to security failures with Safari, Time, Mail, Time of use, etc.
The content of the article adheres to our principles of editorial ethics. To report an error click here.