A week after the launch of the first Beta of iOs 16.1, Apple has released the second Beta for iPhone, in addition to the corresponding Betas for the rest of the devices: iPadOS 16.1 Beta 3, watchOS 9.1 Beta 2 and tvOS 16.1 Beta 2, in addition to another new Beta of macOS Ventura.
Apple is still working on the next big updates for its devices, and has just released new Betas of all of them. With iOS 16.1 it will bring important news, some of which they were announced at the last WWDC 2022 but did not arrive in the first version of iOS 16. This second Beta arrives to correct some errors detected in the first preliminary version and to continue advancing to reach the definitive version that is expected to arrive during the month of October. The main novelties that iOS 16.1 will bring are the following:
- option of clean load: In the United States, users will be able to configure their iPhone to recharge with clean energy. The phone will be set to start charging when the power grid is getting its power from low-carbon sources.
- It will be possible delete the Wallet appwhich will remove the ability to pay using Apple Pay.
- battery percentage for more iPhone models: In addition to the models that already have it, we can now add the iPhone XR, 11, 12 mini and 13 mini.
- The battery icon on the home screen now graphically displays the remaining charge.
- options lock screen customization and home screen now separate, clearer for the user.
- Live Activities API now available: for widgets that display live information, such as sports scores.
- Matter Integration in the Home app: the new standard coming later this year that will bring HomeKit support to many more accessories.
- Improvements in Stage Managerin the case of iPadOS 16.1
- Nnew options when saving screenshots of screen.
- Bigger headphone icon in the Music app.
- New option in Game Center for your friends to find you.
The first Beta of iOS 16.1 has some known bugs in the new iPhone 14, such as the GPS not working correctly, preventing applications from using your precise location, or the sound of switching on and off the new iPhone does not play even though you activate it in the iOS accessibility options. We hope that this new Beta corrects these bugs, although at the moment we have not been able to verify it. We will inform you as soon as we can confirm it.