The Apple TV remote, also known as Siri Remote It is a great device that works perfectly integrating perfectly within the Apple ecosystem as the ideal complement to watch our series, movies or play Apple Arcade from the tv. In this post, we are going to analyze the main problems that the team can report and see how we can solve them.
The solution for everything
Before going into depth, to solve the main problems of this small Apple device, there are some entry solutions that in many cases solve most of the connection problems between both devices. Specifically, we refer to the following issues:
First of all, if you have a Siri Remote or Apple TV, a solution that we can sometimes forget is charge it for 30 minutes via a Lighting to USB connector. However, if you have the older model, you can change the battery. A second solution is unplug apple tv from power and wait a total of 30 seconds to reconnect.
Another possible solution
If your remote is still not working as expected after the above, check your 2nd-generation Siri Remote or 2nd-generation Apple TV Remote, make sure the remote is Apple TV is up to date to tvOS 14.5 or later. If the computer is updated to the latest version available, try following these steps, since in many cases it solves the problem without having to carry out more laborious processes. The process consists of 3 steps:
- Point the remote at the Apple TV. Make sure the remote is within 10 centimeters of the Apple TV set.
- Press and hold the Back or Menu button and the Volume Up button for five seconds.
- If prompted, place the remote on the Apple TV to complete the pairing process.
Siri Remote or Apple TV Remote
If the device continues to report problems, there are other slightly more complex solutions that we discuss below:
- Press and hold the TV/Control Center button and the volume down button at the same time. Hold down the buttons for about 5 seconds or until the Apple TV status light turns off and back on.
- Release the buttons, then wait 5-10 seconds. A connection loss notification will appear on the TV screen.
- After the remote restarts, a notification indicating that it is connected will appear on the TV screen.
If he problem still persistsand it doesn’t work correctly, try these steps:
- Point the remote at the Apple TV. Make sure the remote is about three inches from Apple TV.
- Press and hold the back button (or Menu) and the volume up button for five seconds.
- If prompted, place the remote over the Apple TV to complete the pairing process.
If after these solutions, the Apple TV still does not work correctly, it is best to go to a Apple Store or a specialized technical service (SAT) where to notify the problem, indicating the possible solutions that you have used so that they carry out the most complete analysis possible, finding the problem and possible solutions. Remember that if you have AppleCare+ or less than two years from your purchase, the repair is free as long as the equipment has not been misused or has suffered liquid spills.