Siri is the default voice assistant on Apple devices, which was the first artificial intelligence to hit the market and revolutionized the way we communicate with our phones. Over time, the competition has launched their own systems like Alexa, Amazon, Cortana or Google Assistant, but Can we have another voice assistant on the iPhone? We analyze it in this article.
Alternatives to Siri for iPhone
Although Siri is the option for the iPhone, Apple does not rule out the possibility that you can install other virtual assistants and enjoy its benefits, since Siri has lagged a bit behind its main rivals. Let’s see what are the alternatives that you can install on the iPhone.
- Google Assistant: Google Assistant is the virtual assistant developed by Google and is one of the main alternatives to Siri. It performs a large part of the functions carried out by Apple, but with greater maturity, speed and efficiency. It is capable of carrying out complex functions more effectively, such as searching online, sending messages, making calls, controlling smart devices, and much more. In addition, its knowledge base and skills for natural language is also impressive, far superior to that of Siri.
- Amazon Alexa: Amazon’s virtual assistant has been one of the last to arrive, but it has achieved great development thanks to its integration into the devices that make up its Echo ecosystem. It is true that Alexa began with a specific use for its devices, but it has gradually expanded to be compatible with Android and iOS devices. Also, like the Google Assistant, Alexa offers a wealth of features and is especially useful for controlling compatible smart devices.
- Microsoft Cortana: Cortana is Microsoft’s alternative to Siri, and although it is specifically developed for Windows devices, you can also install it on iOS. Functionally, Cortana offers a similar experience to Siri and Google Assistant, with abilities to search online, manage your calendar, send messages, and more.
Installing virtual assistants on the iPhone
We have already seen the main alternatives that you can have on your iPhone. Now we are going to see how we can install these options. The process consists of four steps that we will describe below:
- The first thing is to assess what is the alternative assistant that you want to install on the iPhone. Immediately afterwards, download the application that incorporates the virtual assistant.
- open the app downloaded and perform the corresponding installation. Then follow the onscreen instructions to set up your account and customize your preferences.
- grant the permissions necessary for the virtual assistant access specific features of your device, such as contacts, calendar, location, etc.
- Once you have completed these Steps, you will be able to use the alternative virtual assistant on your iPhone.
We have already seen how simple it isInstall the virtual assistant on your iPhone. However, you have to be aware of the limitations you will have since you do not have the same synchronization that Siri has with the iPhone. However, most of the main features will be available and you will be able to enjoy a satisfactory user experience with these alternatives.