Apple’s clear objective is to make the iPad really the main equipment, or main “computer” for many users, and that is that you only have to see the evolution of this device in recent years. One of the functions that exemplifies it is the new Visual Organizer, so in this post we are going to tell you how you can easily activate and use it on your iPad.
Steps to Activate Visual Organizer on iPad
As we said, Apple’s goal is for the iPad to be able to meet the needs currently covered by laptops, and the reality is that for many users it already succeeds. However, for many others, the vast majority, not yet, but it will not be due to a lack of desire and insistence on the part of Apple. An example of this is the well-known Stage manager or visual organizer, which in the end is a new way of being able to work with different windows and applications at the same time, with the clear objective of increasing productivity. Now, it is a function that is not activated by default on the iPad and that you will have to do manually with the following steps.
- The first thing you have to do is have your iPad updated to the latest version, since this function is available from iPadOS 16.2. In addition, it is not available for all iPads either, therefore, we leave you the complete list below.
- 12.9-inch iPad Pro (3rd generation and later).
- iPad Pro 11-inch (1st generation and later).
- iPad Air (5th generation).
- Once you have your iPad updated, enter the app Settings.
- Click on “Home screen and multitasking”.
- Click on «visual organizer«.
- Activate it.
- If while using this feature, you also want to see recently used apps, turn it on.
- If you also want to see the App Dock while using this feature, turn it on.
How is it used?
As you have been able to verify, the steps to be able to activate the Visual Organizer are really simple, well, it is just as easy to be able to get the most out of it. It is true that at first it may be difficult for you to get used to it, but the reality is that after the first few minutes, you will be able to see how working with the Visual Organizer activated will be very useful for you. save you time and be even more productive.
The way to use it is really simple, and it is that you only have to move your finger or cursorif you are using a Magic Keyboard or an external mouse, on the left side of the screen. Then different applications will appear that you can add to your screen. For switch between them you just have to click on it, and you will see how this overlaps the rest that you have visible. So can combine up to 4 applications at the same time, being able to even vary the size of the windows themselves.
Undoubtedly, it is a function that once you get used to using it becomes completely essential when working with the iPad. Of course, it will surely be much more comfortable in a 12.9-inch iPad Pro where the screen is much bigger. However, it is just as functional in the rest of the compatible devices such as the 11-inch iPad Pro or the iPad Air itself.