He ultra dark mode on iPhone is a feature that allows iOS users to enjoy a more relaxed and comfortable viewing experience in low light situations and is available in the Accessibility options. This mode, as its name suggests, further decreases the light emitted by the iPhone, reducing damage to the eyes and the battery. In this article, We are going to see how to activate the ultra dark mode on the iPhone.
The first step to activate the mode ultra dark on the iPhone is to make sure the device is updated to the latest version of iOS. To do this, the user must follow the following steps:
- Open the “Settings” application.
- Select “General”.
- Click on “Software Update”.
- If an update is available, click “Download and Install” to download and install the update.
It is important to note that not all versions of iOS support ultra dark mode. This feature was first introduced in iOS 13, that is, if you have an iPhone 6S or later, you can enjoy this dark mode on iPhone.
Activate dark mode on the iPhone
Before activate ultra mode dark on iPhone, you need to turn on dark mode. To do this, the user must follow the Next steps:
- You open the “Settings” application.
- Select the “Display and brightness” option.
- Click on “Appearance”.
- You select the “Dark” mode.
- Next, you have to go to the True Tone option and disable this option.
Once the dark mode is activated, the iPhone interface will be darkened. This mode applies to all system apps and most third-party apps. You can set the dark mode to activate at certain time slots, such as at night or throughout the day.
Activate ultra dark mode on the iPhone
To activate the ultra dark mode we have to go back to the accessibility functions, which include a series of functions that make life easier for all iPhone users. The procedure is the next:
- You open the Settings app.
- Select the accessibility option
- Clicks on Screen and text size
- Brands the option is to “reduce white point”
- In the event that you want to eliminate this ultra dark mode, you have to perform the same steps as in this section and then activate True Tone, which we deactivated previously.
The value of reduce white point is at 0%. From there, you can ramp it up to 100%. As you go higher, the sharpness of the letters will be reduced to prevent light from affecting our eyes. This function can be very useful for those users who are in very dark environments at night.
By way of conclusion, it is important to note that Ultra Dark Mode is only available on iPhone models with OLED displays, such as the iPhone X, XS, XS Max, 11 Pro, and 11 Pro Max. Older iPhone models with LCD screens do not support Ultra Dark Mode.