The Apple ID is the fundamental principle that governs the entire Apple ecosystem, since it allows you to access a multitude of functions such as iPhone, iPad, Mac, App Store, iCloud, as well as access your passwords or Apple Pay. Therefore, having a good password is essential to guarantee the security of your devices. Therefore, in this post, we are going to see how we can change the Apple ID password.
Before you change your Apple ID password, it’s important to make sure you have access to email address email associated with your account. If you can’t access this address or you do not remember, visit Apple’s recovery page (iforgot.apple.com) and follow the steps below. If you remember your email, you need to go to Settings in iOS and iPadOS or system settings in macOS.
How to change your Apple ID password?
Next we will describe the procedure for cchange your ID password from Apple on iOS, iPadOS, and macOS devices. The process consists of the following 4 steps very simple and do not require much time.
- Open the app «Settings» on your iOS device or System Settings in macOS and iPadOS.
- Touch the name at the top of the screen to access the pyour Apple ID page.
- Choose “password and security” and tap on “change password”
- Enter your Current password, then enter a new password and confirm it. However, later we will see some tips to put your Apple ID password and increase its security.
The process would be complete. Now you have to sign in with your new password on all the Apple devices and services that you are using.
Can we change the password from the Apple website?
We have already seen how we can change the password in the main Apple operating systems. Now let’s see how we can change password from the Apple official page. The process consists of the following steps:
- Go to the Apple ID page (appleid.apple.com) from Safari or from your favorite browser.
- Sign in with your App IDhey your current password.
- In the section “Security”Click on “Change Password”.
- Enter your Current password, then enter a new password and confirm it. Make sure your new password is strong, unique, and different from the passwords you use for other accounts.
- Click on “Change Password”.
- Sign in again with your new password on all Apple devices and services you’re using.
Tips for creating a password on Apple
We have already seen how you can change the password of your Apple ID. However, it is essential that this password has great security and a multitude of variables to avoid its decoding. Let’s cite some tips next:
- Use at least 12 characters: long passwords are more difficult to crack than short ones.
- Combine letters, numbers and symbols: This increases the complexity of your password and makes it harder to guess.
- Do not use personal information: avoid using your name, date of birth, address or any other information that can be easily associated with you and that anyone who knows you or has any information about you can deduce.
- Do not reuse passwords: make sure your Apple ID password is unique and different from the passwords you use for other online accounts. In this way, if they access any combination, they will not be able to access all your information.