We have all heard what cookies are, but many of us tend to leave them stored on our equipment without giving it much importance because they can be useful for the operation of the website, but they have a dark side, such as following the behavior of a user. online. Therefore, in this post we will see how you can delete cookies from your main Apple devices.
Delete cookies in Safari on Mac
The process of deleting cookies on a Mac is the same regardless ofand that you haven chip with Apple Silicon or Intel, since both include Apple’s default browser. To delete cookies in Safari on Mac, follow the following seven steps:
- You open the Safari browser.
- Click “Safari” in the menu bar at the top of the screen. You can also use the keyboard shortcut is Command + Comma
- Select “Preferences” from the drop down menu.
- Click on “Privacy”.
- Click on “Manage website data”.
- Select “Delete All” in the lower left corner of the window. You can delete cookies from all websites or from some default websites.
- Confirm that you want to delete all cookies by selecting “Delete now”.
It is important to highlight that, once remove cookiesthe user must return to enter the information login to previously visited websites. It is also important to keep in mind that cookies are set by the user’s specific web sites or all web pages, so you have to be careful to determine what information or how much information you want to delete.
Delete cookies in Safari on iPad and iPhone
On iPad, just like iPhone, you can also clear Safari cookies very easily. The process is similar in both operating systems and it consists of 5 steps that we will see below:
- Open the Safari browser.
- Touch the “Settings” icon on the home screen.
- Select “Safari” from the list of options.
- Tap on “Clear history and website data”.
- Confirm that you want to delete all cookies by selecting “Clear history and data”.
As indicated in macOS, once cookies are deleted, the user must re-enter login information, as well as determine which cookies you want to delete.
Advantages of deleting cookies
Eliminating cookies in macOS, iPadOS and iOS, are a great advantage for improvement, performance and user experience. We are going to highlight four main reasons:
- Privacy Protection: Cookies are used to track user behavior online, so when they are removed, the amount of information that can be collected about the user is reduced.
- Free up storage space: all external items take up memory on our drive, therefore cookies can take up a significant amount of space on the Mac hard drive. By deleting cookies, the user can free up storage space that can be used for other things.
- Improve performance: Cookies can slow down the performance of Safari on Mac. By removing cookies, you can improve Safari’s performance and speed up online browsing.
- Avoid login conflicts: Cookies may cause conflicts with login on some websites. By deleting cookies, you can fix this problem and improve your online browsing experience.