Don’t know how to disable Siri on your Apple devices? Apple’s virtual assistant has become a truly useful tool, since with a simple voice command it can help you with any task. For example, it allows you to call a contact or search for something on the internet without having to manipulate your iPhone, iPad or any other Apple device you have.
However, in some cases you may want to deactivate it, either to save battery or because you feel that it violates your privacy, something that many may find uncomfortable. For these reasons, below We are going to teach you how to deactivate Siri on both iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and more.
Disable Siri on an iPhone or iPad
If you want to deactivate this virtual assistant from your iPhone or iPad So that it does not activate again when you say the phrase “hey Siri” or touch the side button, you have to follow these steps:
- Open the app”settings” on your Apple device.
- Scroll through the menu until you get to the section “siri and search”. tap to enter
- Turn off the optionsActivate when you hear hear Siri”, “Press the side button to open Siri” and “Siri with screen locked”. By unchecking all three options, a new window will appear.
- Press the option “Disable Siri” in the popup window.
This popup is the one that will allow you to disable Siri completely, and it will only appear if you turn off all three options. In case you want to disable turning on Siri with the side button, you can do so by keeping the “hey Siri” voice command option activated. These indications are the same for both iPhones and iPads.
Disable Siri Suggestions on iPhone or iPad
If what bothers you about Siri are the suggestions it emits based on your activity with the device and Internet searches, you can disable them as follows:
- Go to “settings”.
- Find and select the option “Siri and Search”.
- Once inside, deactivate the sections “search tips” and “Suggestions to consult”. Thus, Siri will not intervene when you do a search or query, so you will have greater security.
How to disable Siri on an Apple Watch
From the Apple Watch, Siri is capable of carrying out different tasks, but can also be disabled. To achieve this do the following:
- Open the app from “settings” on the Apple Watch. For this you must click on the side crown of the watch.
- Scroll down the list of options until you find the section “siri” where you must enter.
- Deactivate the optionwhen hearing hear siri” that appears on top of everything.
Just by doing this, you will have already deactivated the voice command.
Turn off Siri on Mac
From your computer, Siri can help with simple tasks like playing music, answering questions, or even making suggestions. If you want to disable the assistant completelyfollow these steps:
- In the Apple Menu, go to “System preferences”.
- Locate the Siri icon and click on it.
- Deactivate the optionvoice response”.
By following these simple steps, Siri will have been deactivated
How to disable Siri on HomePD
HomePods are the smart speakers preferred by millions of users around the world. These devices are also compatible with the popular phrase “Hey Siri”, so it is always active waiting for your instructions.
But, if you want to prevent this from happening, there is the possibility of deactivating the microphone so that Siri does not hear you. You can do this just by using the voice command “Hey Siri, stop listening”, so that the microphone automatically turns off and Siri is no longer activated by voice.
Yes indeed! Note that the next time you want to ask a question or ask for help, you will have to go to where the speaker is and press the indicated button. A price you will have to pay if you want to have a little more privacy.