If you are a Spotify user and have an iPhone and Apple Watchthere is a way to listen to music through the Apple Watch without the need to have the iPhone nearby. In this post we tell you how you can do it in five very simple steps and the requirements that must be taken into account for it.
Prerequisites and steps
There is a total of five steps that you have to do to be able to play the playlists through Spotify without having the device at hand. However, first you have to take into account a series of fundamental requirements and that, without them, you cannot enjoy this offline music system.
With respect to requirements, the first thing you have to do is check if we have the Apple Watch updated to a version of watchOS 7 or later and our iPhone to iOS 12 or later. In addition, you have to have activated the Spotify Premium account. It is important to note that to update and enjoy the Apple Watch, you have to be on the same version of iOS, that is, both devices have to have the version that corresponds to the year of release.
- Install the Spotify app on Apple Watch and iPhone. Remember that the Apple Watch has a huge degree of dependence on the iPhone.
- From the Spotify App, we download the podcast or music playlist. It is important to note that it does not work with individual songs, so if you want to listen to several artists, you have to create a playlist and add those songs so that you can then listen from the Apple Watch. At any time we can edit what music we want to have on the Apple Watch by pressing Edit downloads.
- From the iPhone Spotify App, next to the player, Click on the three dots and click on the option “Download for Apple Watch”
- Then starts the download process in the Apple Watch App and that we can access the downloaded content from the download App.
- Finally, we play the music offline.
These are the five steps that we have to execute to be able to listen to music or podcast offline from Spotify on the Apple Watch.
Disadvantages and aspects to consider
There are several aspects that must be taken into account before carrying out this type of configuration. First of all, there is a 50 song limit per playlist and depending on the Apple Watch storage spaceh, you can store a larger number of music and podcast lists. The latest versions of the Apple Watch reach up to 32 GB of storage, although to store music we will always have less space.
The second advantage and the most serious of all is the download time that you need to get the lists that we want to include in your Watch. Since, it can take several hours and it is a great disadvantage compared to Apple Music, which makes the process practically instantaneous.
In conclusion, Spotify has taken a step forward in terms of performance and features of its App on Apple devices, especially on the Apple Watch and its ability to listen to music offline. It is true that it is not as fast as Apple Music, but it is a step forward and it will improve in future updates.