Sharing music with your partner or friends is one of the activities that everyone has done with their EarPods; however, as Bluetooth headsets gained popularity, the ability to share music disappeared. However, now you can share two pairs of AirPods with an iPhone and an iPad. In this article, we will see how you can do it.
Link two AirPods to an iPhone
Before sharing music, you have to make sure that both devices are connected to your device. If not, you have to do three easy steps that we are going to see next and that are similar to those carried out when you pair your AirPods for the first time to your iphone.
- Open the lid of your AirPods charging case and press and hold the pairing button on the back of the case until the LED light on the front flashes white.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Bluetooth and make sure Bluetooth is turned on.
- Find your AirPods in the list of devices and select them to connect.
Remember that from the iPhone 8 and later models, they are compatible with second and third generation AirPods and with AirPods Pro of both generations. In addition, they are also compatible with AirPods Max and with all beats models.
Share music through your AirPods
Once you have synchronized both devices, we are going to see how you can carry out the procedure to share your favorite music. The process consists of five steps very simple that we will describe below.
- Play a song or podcast on your device.
- Open Control Center on your iPhone or iPad by swiping up from the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the AirPlay button in Control Center on your iPhone or iPad, on the Lock screen, or in the app you’re listening to.
- Tap Share Audio.
- When your friend’s headphones appear on your device screen, tap Share Audio.
You can too change volume, play, pause, or stop audio with the controls on the locked screen or from the iPhone Control Center. Drag the volume slider on either earbud or the one at the bottom to control the volume of both. With AirPods Pro you can also control the audio with the controls located on the headphones. If you change the volume with the controls on your headphones, only will be modified for that device.
In case you want to stop share the audio For AirPods, tap the AirPlay button in the iPhone Control Center on the Lock screen or in the app you’re listening to, specifically, tap the check mark next to the headphones you want to stop listening to. share the audio. When you stop doing this, you also disconnect the second headphones.
By way of conclusion, keep in mind that AirPods are near from your device when sharing audio, as if the AirPods are too far apart, the connection may fail. Also, if synchronization does not occur, you can repeat the synchronization process or format the AirPods.
Leave us in the comments if you have ever shared music through AirPods