Apple products are often expensive devices, so losing one of them and trying to replace it means a considerable investment of money. This is how it becomes vital know the steps to follow to try to recover a lost Apple Watch.
It is likely that on some occasion you have forgotten your watch somewhere and you do not remember exactly where. Without a doubt, a situation that makes anyone panic. Don’t worry though! Locating a lost Apple Watch is easier than you might think.
What can I do to recover a lost Apple Watch
If you have unfortunately lost your Apple Watch or worse, it has been stolen and you want to recover it, the first thing you should try to know is its location. For it, you can make use of your iCloud account or the Search application of your iPhone, to locate it and later protect it.
If you have Find My set up on your iPhone and your paired Apple Watch, you can use this app to find your watch. But before you do, note the model of your Apple Watchsince all models with GPS will use a secure WiFi connection to broadcast their location.
See Apple Watch on a map
Now that you know what means to use to recover a lost Apple Watch, we will teach you how to locate it on a map. The first option is to try it through a computer:
- Log in iCloud with your Apple ID.
- On your iPhone, open the app “Look for”.
- Click on the sectionAll devices” and choose your Apple Watch.
If it is close, you can press the option “play sound” to locate it. This is great when you’ve lost it inside the house, as the watch will start beeping until you tap on “Cancel”. In case you cannot locate the watch on the map, it is probably not connected to a WiFi network, mobile data, or perhaps it is not linked to the iPhone.
Also, you can try to locate it using your iPhone following these steps:
- Open the app”Look for”.
- Click on the tab “Devices”.
- Select the Apple Watch to know your location on the map.
Activate the lost mode of your Apple Watch
Another option offered by the Search application is to be able to protect the device, which means that you will be able to protect all the information that you have stored on it. For this you can use the lost mode, which automatically locks the Apple Watch. As soon as the watch has a connection, it will show your phone number on its screen so that the person who has it can contact you and return it to you.
To activate the lost mode you have to follow the following steps:
- Open the Search app on your iPhone and tap on Apple Watch.
- In the section of “mark as lost“press the option”Activate”.
- Press on “Continue”.
- Now, enter your phone number so they can locate you and click on “Following”.
- Enter a message to be displayed on the watch face and tap on “Activate”.
The app will confirm via email that you have activated Lost Mode on your Apple Watch. If you have found the watch, what you have to do is enter your password to unlock it. Thus, the lost mode will be deactivated and you will be able to continue using it normally. Also, you can disable it from the linked iPhone or iCloud.com.
What do I do if I can’t recover a lost Apple Watch?
In case you did not activate the Search application before losing your Apple Watch, it is not linked to your iPhone, it is not connected to a Wi-Fi network or mobile data, you will not be able to locate it. In these cases, the only thing you can do is try to protect your information in the following way:
- Change your Apple ID password: This prevents anyone from accessing your iCloud account or using any other service on your lost Apple Watch.
- Report the loss to the authorities: You can file a report of theft or loss with the authorities, providing the serial number of the device. Thus, if the authorities find it, they will be able to contact you to return it to you.