After the launch of the new iPhone, many users are encouraged to renew theirs. However, one of the biggest fears is the possibility of data loss when moving from one device to another. Therefore, in this post we are going to tell you the easiest and safest way to do it without complications.
Apple is a company that tries to make things as simple as possible for all users of its devices, and proof of this is precisely the topic that we are going to talk about in this post. When buying a new iPhone many users want to be able to enjoy it almost instantlybut for this they also need to have all their data and applications on the new device.
Until not long ago, there were only two ways to get it, either you loaded a backup of your old iPhone in the new one, something that is not recommended when changing devices, or on the other hand, you manually installed all the applications. To offer a more optimal solution, Apple developed what is known as “Quick Start”, which allows all users to transfer information from one iPhone to another in a short time, leaving the new one fully operational.
Steps to transfer data from one iPhone to another
As you will see below, the steps you have to follow to transfer all your data from your old iPhone to the new one are really simple. However, before you start with it you have to take into account a series of requirements to take into account. First and foremost, the new iPhone must be unused, otherwise the “Quick Start” option will not appear. In addition, you also have to keep in mind that to carry out the process you will need to have both iPhones, so our advice is that you do it at a time when you do not need to use either of them. That said, let’s go with the steps to follow.
- Turn on the new iPhone and put it near your old iPhone.
- Follow the instructions that appear on both the new iPhone screen and the old one.
- Connect your new iPhone to a Wi-Fi network or to your device’s mobile network.
- Set up Face ID or Touch ID.
- choose the way you want to transfer your data.
- You can download them from iCloudthis way you can use your iPhone while all apps are downloading in the background.
- You can transfer the data directly from your old iPhone, in this case you will have to wait for the transfer to complete on both devices before you can use them. (This is the way we recommend).
- Keep the two devices close to each other and wait for the transfer process to complete.
With these simple steps you can have all the data from your old iPhone on the new one in just a few minutes. Of course, we advise you to be patient, since the process may take more or less depending on the amount of data and applications that you are going to transfer. However, the wait is worth it, since you will have your iPhone fully operational to use it just as you were using the previous one.