Don’t know how to turn off an Apple Watch? There is no doubt about how extraordinary and advanced these devices are, since they are capable of carrying out many of the tasks that we usually perform. However, even the most modern device occasionally needs to be turned off.
If it’s been on for several days, or you don’t have a charger nearby, you may want to turn off your Apple Watch to save or extend its battery. For that reason, We are going to show you the steps you have to follow to turn off this device.
Steps to turn off an Apple Watch
Powering off an Apple Watch is usually not necessary, but if you still want to, all you have to do is follow these steps:
- Turn on the screen of your Apple Watch. You can do it by raising your wrist or by pressing any of the buttons on the right side.
- Locate the oval button which is below the digital crown.
- Hold it down for a while until a menu is displayed.
- In the watchOS 9 operating system version, tap the power off icon at the top right of the screen. In previous versions this step is not necessary.
- Slide the switch that says “turn off device” located at the top.
Wait a few moments for the device to turn off. Before doing so, the screen will reflect the Apple logo and after this the Apple Watch will have turned off.
It should be noted that even if the device is turned off, you can continue to see the time. To achieve this you just have to press and hold the digital crown.
To turn it on again, you just have to press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen. You can’t turn off an Apple Watch while it’s charging. If you want to turn it off, you first have to disconnect it from its charger.