Apple has always sought the integration of its devices at all times and the Apple Watch was not going to be an exception. This small device that we carry on the wrist has become the ideal complement to the iPhone. However, it can also be a complement to ideal integration with Apple TVso that we can turn the device into a controller.
This feature may not seem very useful at first because you can perform the same functions with the iPhone or with the Apple TV remote itself. However, if you look carefully, you have a controller always on your wrist and that you can use it at any time and not have to look for the iPhone or the TV remote to change the series, movie or documentary.
How to sync Apple Watch and Apple TV?
Syncing between Apple Watch and Apple TV is a sync that not everyone is used to doing. However, it can be done through five very simple steps. Before performing this synchronization, it is important to note that you have to make sure that you have a version equal to or greater than Watch OS 5 or higher and tv OS 12 onwards. If not, this synchronization is impossible. Also, it is important to remember that both devices have to be on the same Wi-Fi network. The steps are the following:
- From the Apple Watch, we open the “Remote” application on the Apple Watch.
- Click on “Add device”
- Now we go to the screen of your television that is connected to the Apple TV and enter the code that appears on it.
- You already have paired Apple TV and Apple Watch.
- Now we see the Remote interface to interact with our Apple TV.
How to control Apple TV with Apple Watch?
We have already seen how to synchronize both devices. Now we are going to systematize as control your tv from the apple smart watch. This process is done in five easy steps:
- Open the Remote app on the Apple Watch.
- Select your “Apple TV,” then swipe up, down, left, or right to move through the Apple TV menu options.
- Touch to choose the selected item.
- Tap the Play/Pause button to resume or pause playback.
- Tap the Menu button to go back or press and hold it to return to the main menu.
The principal problem What this synchronization offers is that the Apple TV remains dependent on the Siri Remote and that the Apple Watch is not a complete replacement for that accessory. However, the Watch has a degree of autonomy that allows you to perform basic functions such as scrolling through the interface, scrolling backwards or performing the same gestures you do on the Siri Remote.
How to unpair and remove Apple TV from Apple Watch?
If at any time this synchronization does not convince us, we can unlink and remove it to avoid having problems or blug between devices. Three steps are necessary for this:
- On Apple TV, we go to Settings and click on remotes and devices. Click on App Remote and devices.
- From Apple Watch, tap App Remote, then tap Unpair Device.
- We open the Apple Watch Remote App and, when the message “Connection has been lost” appears, tap Delete.
Leave us in the comments if you knew about this possibility and if you use it in your day to day.